Popular Posts

thinkingapril.blogspot.com. Powered by Blogger.

The third week of January had been very good and quite fulfilling. 

I finally was able to watch Life of Pi and found it quite a good adaptation (similar to how Perks of Being a Wallflower fare with the book). I wasn't bored in the film unlike in the novel, which I stretched reading for a couple of months. After watching the movie, I reread the ending, the one where Pi reveals the second story, this time the one without the animals. I didn't realized it the first time but the second story was very morbid and animalistic. I understood better the need for the story with the tiger after I reread the ending. It's just sad that the movie's ending didn't give that idea. 


"I suppose in the end, the whole of life becomes an act of letting go, but what always hurts the most is not taking a moment to say goodbye." - Life of Pi
“It is true that those we meet can change us, sometimes so profoundly that we are not the same afterwards, even unto our names.”  - Yann Martel, Life of Pi

This week, I found another evidence that 2013 will be a great year. We're going to HK-Macau this March! My sister will present a paper in a university conference in HK and since I wanted to go to Disneyland, I immediately tagged along. What with almost just one month left to save for the trip. Hehe

Simple joys for the week include year planning with Jey (a little late since he was postponing it deliberately) and date and reunions with old friends from high school and college. 

Also, I finished 1Q84! After more than a month long. 


"It's just that you're about to do something out of the ordinary. And after you do something like that, the everyday look of things might seem to change a little. Things may look different to you than they did before. But don't let appearances fool you. There's always only one reality." - 1Q84

It's indeed helpful to be steered back to reality, especially when some crazy (maybe fun, but still crazy) things happen. Think Inception too. 

And to cap off a good week, my sisters and I will be watching Les Miserables! I'll see you, Hugh Jackman! =)