Popular Posts

thinkingapril.blogspot.com. Powered by Blogger.

If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to fear.


In my first post for this blog, I answered a question that has always obsessed me, why I write. And after some careful pondering, this is what I came up with.


Tall order, I would say. But after 21 posts, I was slapped with the reality that perhaps I can’t really do that with writing (and blogging per se). Especially the “know and inspire the world kind of stuff”. I know right, what was I thinking.


Maybe it’ll be best to just focus on actuarial exams.

Once, when I was reading a blog from overseas, like a thousand miles away from here, I was amazed to know the blogger also does one of my daily activities, like heating her lunch in the office microwave. I know it sounds silly, but with that post, for me the world became a tad smaller.

“That is part of the beauty of all literature. You discover that your longings are universal longings, that you’re not lonely and isolated from anyone. You belong.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald

What I’ve most importantly learned when I was writing very personal posts in my old blog years ago was that my fears aren’t so much different from others. Once I wrote something about almost lovers and sentimental friends because I was feeling down, not knowing that those posts would reveal the same sentiments my friends have. Later on, my friends would also write about how they feel on that particular matter and it opened up something we never got to discuss before. That simple post made us almost-lover-and-sentimental-friends closer.



“We who make stories know that we tell lies for a living. But they’re good lies that say true things. And we owe it to our readers to build them as best we can. Because somewhere out there is someone who needs that story. Someone who will grow up with a different landscape, who without that story will be a different person. And who with that story may have hope, or wisdom, or kindness, or comfort.” – Neil Gaiman


Sometimes, I would like to think that when I write stories, especially stories of my own personal experiences, somewhere somehow, someone would be able to relate to the story. Knowing that would probably motivate me to blog more, write more.


And comments, appreciative or constructive criticisms have always been welcome. :)




 



Seriously, when someone comments on my blog. I get kilig inside. Trust me.


But essentially, if I cut out the inspiring others through writing part, I believe I would still pursue writing/blogging. As Steve Jobs had put it:



“And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”


Writing is a future I’d like to own. Everything else that comes with it is secondary.

-------------------------------------------------------------

You still with me?

Guess what, I won! A blogging host for one year from riajose and webspark, I'm not yet sure what would that be. Oh I'm such a newb in blogging.

I intended to submit this post as my contest entry but I found out later it has to be within 100-200 words. So sorry for the redundancy, I just have to blog the complete one.