Popular Posts

thinkingapril.blogspot.com. Powered by Blogger.
I guess when you're young, you just believe there'll be many people with whom you'll connect with. Later in life, you realize it only happens a few times. - Celine

I didn't think it was possible that I would love Before Sunset way more than I loved its predecessor, Before Sunrise; but I did, and I was beyond captured. 

Before Sunrise is about two strangers who meet on a train one summer day when they decided to spend one day in Vienna together; Before Sunset occurred nine years later. 

The experience was like reading a great book. You know how they say that movies always fall short when one read its novel contemporary, but these, these movies take the best of both experience with plusses even: Julie Delpy and Ethan Hawke-plattered. 

We get to watch for one hour and a half these two characters only, the things they learn about each other, things in life we already know. To action-biased moviegoers, this might seem like a bore, but to those who prioritizes dialogues and character development (as I said, just like in books) in films, then this sure deserves the shot.

I loved both films, but I like the second one better because the characters were matured now, they weren't anymore blinded by the pretense of young exciting love. And I love how beautifully depicted their friendship in the second film, even if in fact they only met for a day nine years back. 

It's definitely one of the movies I will never delete in my drive. 

And it'll have a third installment! Next year! Exactly nine years after the second one. How cool is that?!